The CPA Western School of Business (CPAWSB) is responsible for the delivery of the education program to prospective Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs) in Western Canada. Accordingly, the School oversees the education of CPA candidates in the four western provinces and in the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut. Through a graduate-style learning platform, practical experience, and exposure to standards and ethics of the highest caliber, CPAWSB students become “business-ready” CPAs.
We currently have an opportunity for a Full-Time Infrastructure Manager to join our CPAWSB team. Reporting to the Vice President, Information Services, the Infrastructure Manager is responsible for overseeing both the technical and managerial aspects of the IS department. Working with colleagues and department heads across CPAWSB, the Infrastructure manager will responsible for development, implementation and compliance of IT policies, procedures and controls to meet the company’s strategic objectives and corporate goals. The Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for defining, planning, implementing and supporting network, server and desktop infrastructure across CPAWSB as well as mentoring and developing a growing IS technical support team.
This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure governance and compliance of technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, desktop and shared infrastructure, data networks, servers, mobile and fixed telephony.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
· Designing and executing strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
· Managing and establishing priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of the infrastructure systems inclusive of LAN’s, WAN’s, internet, security and wireless implementations.
· Conducting research and recommending changes in services, products, protocols and standards to support development efforts and infrastructure procurement.
· Supervising the infrastructure support group by leading, directing, and utilizing knowledge on best practices in infrastructure areas.
· Defining and managing IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for CPAWSB.
· Defining software and hardware standards in collaboration with stakeholders.
· Testing server performance and providing network presentation statistics.
· Reporting and preparing strategies to maintain server information.
· Ensuring apt security levels on network, infrastructure and servers are maintained.
· Overseeing operational costs and conducting near along with long-term financial estimates for expanded functionality and user base.
· Directing and administering network analysts plus technicians to provide leadership and direction.
· Practicing IT asset management inclusive of component inventory maintenance and associated documentation.
· Negotiating with outsources, vendors and contractors for infrastructure-specific products and services.
· Collaborating with management to develop strategies to align the IT department with the financial and corporate strategies of CPAWSB.
· Establishing strong partnerships with external vendors to set clear expectations. Including; negotiating access agreements, establishing service level agreements, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the services provided by the infrastructure team.
· Ensuring the standards and procedures are in pace for the work of the IT team.
· Establishing standard procedures that ensure the technical teams work together in a consistent manner.
· Monitoring performance to produce standard reports on the status of the infrastructure.
· Ensuring all CPAWSB electronic information and data is copied, through backup processes, daily to protect against loss, damage or corruption.
· Researching, analyzing, developing, recommending and documenting new processes, procedures, equipment and systems to improve the overall effectiveness of the computing environment.
· Installing, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting and repairing all CPAWSB infrastructure and computer systems.
· Monitoring the performance of the computing environment, including networks, firewalls, servers, operating systems, applications and devices.
· Using current and applicable tools, determining root cause of issues, developing and testing solutions that resolve issues and maintain stability.
· Maintaining a broad knowledge of technology, equipment and/or systems within the scope of work.
· Developing and maintaining guidelines, techniques and operational procedures for the support of operating systems, server hardware systems, network systems, telephony systems, security systems and desktop systems.
· Developing and maintaining documentation, including structured diagrams, for internal processes, specifications, physical and logical configurations, for telephony, network, server and desktop environments.
· Developing and documenting operational, installation, and upgrade procedures for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software.
· Planning and implementing network, server and desktop upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
· Participating in the development, maintenance and adherence to change management principles, policies and procedures.
· Proactively communicating upcoming infrastructure changes to management and working to minimize the impact or occurrence of service interruptions to stakeholders, minimizing any negative impact to the School.
· Monitoring the IS service desk for user reported issues; prioritizing and responding to incidents, work orders, and service requests according to IS department guidelines and Service Level Agreements.
· Ensuring customer support service issues and concerns are handled appropriately through effective incident support processes.
· Providing on-site or remote diagnoses and resolution of computer hardware and software problems using diagnostic tools and techniques in conjunction with elevated privileges.
· Collaborating with other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters.
· Defining, maintaining and recording performance metrics and indicators and preparing related reports and correspondence.
· Identifying opportunities to use technology to increase efficiency and flexibility and formulate improvement plans.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
· Post-secondary education in computer systems/networks, technical systems administration is required.
· ITIL, CGEIT, CISM, CISM certification is desirable.
· Minimum of 3-5 years management experience is required.
· Minimum of 10 years systems experience, virtualized infrastructures (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix) and network infrastructure and topologies, including deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting is required.
· Minimum of 5 years experience supporting telephony and unified communications systems (Cisco), including deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting is required.
· Experience with backup, antivirus, malware, security technologies in a small to medium business environment is required.
· Knowledge of Network and LAN fundamentals, including network interface connection and user installation, network topologies, LAN administration, network architecture and concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS is required.
· Knowledge of computer servers, server operating systems, server tools and utilities, and server data backup and restore functions in a Microsoft environment Is required.
· Knowledge of technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and upgrading of computer hardware, software, and peripherals is required.
· Ability to operate, install, maintain, configure and troubleshoot highly technical server and desktop computers and local and wide area network equipment is required.
· Ability to efficiently manage time and organize work, including the ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and conduct correspondence related to work activities is required.
· Ability to communicate technical terminology at a level appropriate to the audience is required.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work is required.
· Experience with Microsoft/Windows server and desktop applications and technologies is required.
· Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation is required.
· Must possess strong attention to detail.
· Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, CPAWSB can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Fairness and Openness and Responsiveness.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
CPAWSB thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
Job Type: Full-time