Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We have an immediate need for an Oracle Essbase Plus & PBCS Developer in the BI Solutions team within Stantec. In this role you will be working with the BI Solutions team as well as the Finance team at Stantec. This position is expected to perform technical analysis, financial analysis, Essbase Plus and PBCS model design and development. This IT position will follow ITIL standards, IT Process and Policy and liaise with other financial solution teams in IT to provide continuity across the integrated applications which includes Essbase Plus, PBCS, OBIEE/OAS and ODI.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with the other developers on the team to design, develop, continually enhance and maintain financial reporting and budgeting solutions.
- Work directly with the Finance department to capture requirements, design and develop solutions within PBCS.
- Work with Finance to troubleshoot problems and develop solutions to problems and incidents.
- Coordinate with Oracle E-Business Teams within IT for continuity of solution.
- Consult on technical capabilities and recommend solutions to business requirements and solve problems.
- Understand project requirements, create functional and technical documentation.
- Design and develop financial reporting cubes for both adhoc analysis and source data for leadership dashboards.
- Design and develop planning models and cubes for the budget, forecasting and financial analysis requirements.
- Establish, document and enforce development standards for Essbase and PBCS.
- Cross train alternates and backup resources to enable continuity during absences.
- Conduct peer reviews where required.
- Follow and contribute to IT Process and policy as it pertains to ITIL and code/configuration management.
- Configure the system to meet the desired business process requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise in Oracle Hyperion Planning and Essbase
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner; and
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues.
- Actively participate in client department/project meetings to streamline time from requirement through delivery.
- Prepare time estimates for assigned projects and tasks, and successfully complete and the project within the specified time frame.
- Prioritize development and enhancement requests.
- Interact with business stakeholders, end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
- During peak times there may be requirements to be on-call (on-call support).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with Essbase Plus is required.
- Experience with Oracle's Enterprise Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS) or Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS).
- Experience with Hyperion Planning Modules Hyperion Financials Reporting (HFR), Hyperion Strategic Modelling and data integration tools (FDMEE, EPM Automate, ODI, etc.), and EPMA enabled applications.
- Proficient in writing Calculation Scripts and Business Rules. Experience with Groovy scripting is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP functionalities, Excel, Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in and SmartView.
- Extensive experience modelling and building financial cubes and data models for reporting financial data using best practices.
- Experience in data warehouse Essbase design and best practices.
- Experience in integrating Essbase in OBIEE is a plus.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to functional and technical team members and management.
- Ability to pick up new technical knowledge quickly.
- Ability to lead and collaborate at the different client level and excellent customer service skills.
- Positive approach and ability to take the initiative.
- Able to work comfortably in a hands-on deadline-driven environment.
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams especially with Oracle Cloud ERP.
- Strong understanding of Financial Close and Consolidations functionalities.
- Experience in working through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) including the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of financial applications.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 or v4 (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Experience in source code control and release management.
- Experience with using Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and/or GIT.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, problem solving/debugging skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, IT, Business or related field;
Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job Type: Full-time