Kinman & Associates has a new opportunity for Conveyancer with experience in Corporate law.
Our firm offers a competitive salary, excellent extended benefits and secured parking. Our offices are located in New Westminster, only steps from the Skytrain, Courthouse and Land Title Office. We are a small firm and have a congenial atmosphere. Please submit your application via email.
· Assists with incorporations and management/maintenance of corporate
· Prepares documentation related to incorporation, extra-provincial registration, dissolution, etc.
· Assists the corporate department with maintenance of corporate records minute books, and corporate database
· Performs due diligence of minute books by identifying deficiencies
· Prepares documents with and without firm precedents according to instructions and information provided by the Supervising Lawyer and information gathered through own research (examples include resolutions, minutes, and correspondence)
· Organizes small transactions and attends closings with the Supervising Lawyer to oversee the execution of documents
KEY QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
· Paralegal Diploma/Certificate plus a minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a Corporate Services Paralegal or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
· Minimum of 3 years conveyancing experience in a residential real estate practice.
· Understanding of legal procedures and practices involved in drafting, processing and filing a variety of legal documents
· Solid understanding of applicable legal references and their content
· Advanced vocabulary, spelling, and grammar; excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate clearly
· Proficiency with computer programs including advanced MS Word, Excel, Corporate Records software and other relevant programs
· Ability to prioritize and organize work, and manage multiple tasks ensuring deadlines are met
· Ability to take initiative, work independently, and exercise judgement
· Willingness to learn and accept challenges with dedication to providing quality services
· Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
· Flexibility to work extra hours when required
Interested candidates should reply to this post with their resume and a list of references.
While we thank all of those who apply for their time, only those who are short-listed will be contacted due to the high volume of resumes received.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent