At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Director, Healthy Schools and Communities, the Manager, Oral Health is responsible for the management and delivery of the oral health program services as required by the Ontario Public Health Standards, associated oral health protocols and the Health Protection and Promotions Act. This will include the implementation and ongoing management of the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program.
The ideal candidate will possess a university degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience. A registered dental professional with a Master Degree in Health Sciences and experience in public health is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of multi-disciplinary teams, with a strong knowledge of practices and procedures related to program delivery, management and administration of a dental services program, is preferred. Highly effective communication and collaboration skills are required to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Must be able to attend meetings outside of regular office hours. Travel will be required; incumbent must supply their own transportation
- Lead the delivery of Oral Health Program services (clinical dental treatment, school screening and claims administration) ensuring excellence in service delivery and optimal use of program resources to best meet community needs.
- Ensure that activities align with all relevant legislation, including the Ontario Public Health Standards, Health Protection and Promotion Act and the Regulated Health Professions Act; relevant protocols; evidence-informed practices; and Halton Region policies.
- Prepare annual operational plans for Oral Health Programs, evaluating strategies employed to meet goals and objectives and guide program activities, and measuring progress toward program objective achievement.
- Participate in departmental, regional, community and provincial committees as required, to share information and expertise, develop and model new programming, and advocate for and resolve community health issues.
- Develop new and modifies existing policies and procedures as required to guide staff regarding procedures and documentation.
- Identify opportunities for program enhancements, developing and implementing Oral Health Program projects and initiatives.
- Manage people resource planning for the Oral Health Program, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements, and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Directs and provides leadership for direct reports, providing work direction, coaching, setting priorities, assigning tasks/projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, resolving problems, ensuring results are achieved, and managing staff recruitment, performance, and skill development activities.
- Ensure that Occupational Health and Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented, and maintained.
- Prepare reports for Director, Health Department Management Team, and Regional Council as required.
September 19, 2019
October 3, 2019
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.