AEC Property Tax Inc. is a property tax and assessment firm located in Burnaby, BC. AEC administers professional services to clients across a variety of sectors including retail, commercial, power, industrial, oil & gas and hospitality. We provide a fast-paced work environment with challenging work, competitive salary and the option to work remotely.
We are currently seeking a Consultant with commercial property valuation and assessment experience to join our practice.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Actively lead and participate in business development campaigns and action plans.
- Manage projects relative to assessment review and appeal activities for AEC’s national and regional clients.
- Actively participate in and manage assigned projects.
- Contribute to business development initiatives to assist in developing additional regional or national clients. This process is to be completed in conjunction with the business development team, including local business development personnel.
- Mentor more junior staff from time to time.
- Maintain records consistent with AEC’s technology platforms dealing with time and billings, project management software and other tools utilized by AEC.
- Other tasks assigned by senior management team.
Required skills and experience:
- AACI designation is an asset.
- 3+ years of proven experience in commercial property tax advisory.
- Intermediate knowledge of all aspects of commercial property valuation and assessment
- High level of ethical practice, critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to produce quality work within tight time frames.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem identification skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem-solving and organization skills are essential.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to details in all areas of work.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume an cover letter, confirming your available start date and salary expectations.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AEC is an equal opportunities employer.
Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)