At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a temporary full-time position working 35 hours per week, for up to twelve (12) months.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits, and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Manager, Senior Epidemiologist Public Health Surveillance & Evaluation, and working closely with the Senior Program Evaluator, this role will provide support to program evaluation initiatives for the Health Department including developing and implementing evaluation plans, creating data collection tools, analyzing data, and communicating the results. This role will also support program staff with the development of logic models, and stakeholder engagement projects.
The successful candidate will possess a degree in Health, Social Sciences and/or Statistics, however a Master’s Degree in Health Evaluation, Public Health, or Epidemiology is preferred. The candidate will ideally have experience working in a community-based evaluation role, preferably within Public Health. The successful candidate will have an expert knowledge in MS Office (specifically Excel, Publisher, Visio and Power Point) as well as advanced training in statistical software packages (eg. SPSS, Stata). Exceptional analytical, collaboration and communications skills are required to be successful in this role. Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, a strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision are required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Occasional travel will be required between locations within the GTA and southern Ontario. Incumbent must supply their own transportation. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Assist in the development and implementation of evaluation plans.
- Extraction and/or collection of data, including setting up online surveys, developing data collection tools, implementing quality checks, and supervising data collection. Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative analysis as dictated by the evaluation question and methodology.
- Interpret and disseminate evaluation results through written reports, info-graphics and presentations.
- Assist the Senior Program Evaluator and health department teams in the process of developing logic models, indicators, and data collection and reporting tools.
- Provide evaluation advice to external community partners and researchers to evaluate initiatives that are done in collaboration with the Halton Region Health Department.
- Participate on provincial workgroups and committees to collaborate on public health evaluation initiatives that impact all health units.
- Assist in ensuring that the Health Department is meeting the Foundational Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards, particularly the foundational standard on program planning, evaluation and evidence-informed-decision making.
- Apply ethical aspects of research and evaluation and provide input into relevant policy, procedures and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
November 25, 2019
December 16, 2019
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.