Status : Full Time
Location : London, Ontario
Company : LKQ Canada
Essential Job Duties:
1. Dismantle vehicles in full or in part, within the suggested time constraints in a safety conscious manner.
2. Performing Body Cuts in line with cut sheet.
3. Label and tag parts to be placed into stock or for immediate sale.
4. Prioritize job tasks in line with LKQ directives
5. Maintain clean work environment.
6. Check the quality and product type of the parts.
7. Must own and maintain all the tools necessary.
8. Communicate with team members in a clear and respectful and professional manner
9. Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Experience: Must have hands-on formal or informal automotive experience.
Education: Automotive Training Preferred, High School Diploma or G.E.D. acceptable.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have a basic understanding of the function of each part of a vehicle. Must use hand tools, air tools, cutting tools and torches among various other appropriate tools.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Sits, stands, bends, and moves intermittently. Subject to intense physical labor and repetitive lifting. Must be able to lift at least 75lbs. Must be able to work outside in various types of weather. Works with hydraulic oils, motor oils, antifreeze, and gasoline/diesel fuels.
Preferred Qualifications :
Automotive Training-Prior Dismantling Experience(will train), Must Own Tools
Decision Making Examples:
Maximizing work efficiency at all levels, practicing and encouraging safe work behavior, team work.
Maximize quality or value of inventoried product by QC. Ensure customer gets the best possible product and is as described
Job Type: Full-time