Van Gogh Designs is proud of its British Columbian roots offering locally designed and locally made furniture. It currently occupies over 100,000 square feet of state of the art manufacturing facilities. The manufacturing process cuts no corners, and each piece is meticulously inspected for quality control.
We are looking for a creative individual with an eye for design and background in interior design & visual merchandising to join our team. This position is working full time and reporting to CEO of the company.
- An ability to understand Van Gogh’s aesthetic and recognize products that fit our brand - A deep interest in modern furniture, décor and interior design.
- Create inspiring and functional room settings, and compelling merchandise displays for our furniture showroom in Surrey and Toronto.
- Coordinate and attend exhibition and trade show activities.
- Develop positive customer relationships to provide excellent design solutions to their home furnishings ideas.
- Research current furniture trends/pricing
- Optimize showroom space and layout and keep all displays current.
- Assist with selection of relevant product and décor.
- Manage company’s showroom, greet customers answer their queries ensuring their showroom experience is enjoyable.
- Must have a degree in Interior Design or Merchandising.
- Solid 3-5 years’ experience as an Interior Designer or Furniture Merchandiser.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Passion for style, display with an intuitive understanding of design concepts combined with knowledge of Furniture industry.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of diagrams and floor plans.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, well organized and a self-starter.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in team.
- Must be willing to travel (5-10%)
We offer :
In addition to working with great people, approachable management and a supportive work culture every day, VanGogh offers
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and incentives.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- Discounts on products
- A supportive culture which promotes performance and recognition
- Opportunities and support for growth and development
If this sounds like you, send us your cover letter and resume indicating salary expectations.If selected for an interview, we would encourage you to bring your portfolio of work completed in the past.
Job Type: Full-time
- merchandising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Interior design: 3 years (Required)