Chris and David started Penny AI in 2018 in Squamish, BC (a bit north of Vancouver) after seeing an opportunity to solve a massive problem for millions of direct sales consultants around the world. We have now grown to a team of 60+ located across Canada and the United States. Penny has tens of thousands of users across four continents who trust Penny to help run their businesses.
Penny is on an upward trajectory with backing from top-tier Venture Capitalists in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Vancouver. As we grow our team, we don’t expect everyone to know every answer. You may build something that fails spectacularly, and that’s ok. What is important is that you remain humble, you laugh a little, you learn, and together we find a way to succeed.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging is one of our core values and as we expand we’re committed to finding talented people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Click here to learn about our hiring process at Penny.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to analyze large amounts of information to find patterns that will help improve both our company and our clients. We will rely on you to extract valuable business insights from all of our data. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. You should be analytical, an excellent communicator, have a strong business acumen and be a problem-solver. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
- Identify valuable data sources
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Establish procedures for data sharing with internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy)
- Experience in data mining
- Experience using business intelligence tools
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Experience as a BI Analyst, Data Scientist or similar role
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Start-up culture with an opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunities to grow your skills
- Competitive pay, benefits and a slice of the pie (aka - stock options)
- 4 weeks vacation plus statutory holidays
- Support from a diverse and highly talented team to help you reach your goals
- Flexibility to work from home and the office
- Join a friendly, progressive team who like to organize fun activities and celebrate all-round awesomeness!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations