This posting is for one permanent full-time position, located in Dawson City. This is an anticipatory posting that will also be used for part time and term positions.
As a Nursing Home Attendant in Continuing Care, you’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team environment. You’ll report to the Manager, Resident Care, and assist the nursing team in providing direct care to residents (adults, seniors) to help meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. You will also participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans.
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
For more information about the position, please contact:
Amaris Poznikoff at Amaris.email@example.com.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact: Sarah Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment
Here is the link to create your account to apply.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Health Care Aide(HCA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), or Personal Care Aide (PCA) certificate recognized from a Canadian Educational Institute.
- Experience gained in a healthcare or personal support environment.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
Conditions of Employment:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a Respectful Workplace.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Good computer skills
- Strong commitment to providing a safe, respectful and home-like environment for our residents.
- Ability to work constructively within an transdisciplinary team and equally able to work independently.
- Ability to provide ongoing assistance to long term care residents (children, adults and seniors) in the activities of daily living.
TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security Clearance and CPR Level C (completed within last 18 months), WHMIS 2015, HCA,PSW, CCA, or PCA certificate, and Food Safe (completed within the last 2 years).
Shift Work; Exposure to flowers and/or plants and/or second hand smoke; Exposure to animals; Heavy lifting and bending; Exposure to latex products and other irritants; Exposure to weather while assisting residents outside; Lifting up to 50 lbs as part of resident care and transfers.
Please note that this position does not come with staff housing. If you are selected to proceed to interview, it is expected that this will take place during the week of August 17, 2020.
30 July 2020
13 August 2020