Our client, Service Alberta has an immediate requirement for an Intermediate Project Managerin their downtown Edmonton, Alberta location. The successful sub-contractor(s) will start in January for a 3 month contract.
We will pay the successful candidate(s) up to $80 per hourfor an independent sub-contractor or a salary of $128,000 plus benefits as a contract employee.
If you meet ALL of the mandatory requirements and would like to be submitted, please email your resume and we will contact you to discuss in more detail. We thank all candidates for applying, however only those candidates whom we feel meet all the mandatory requirements will be contacted.
CL-Project Manager - Intermediate (Government Services Sector - Information and Data Inventory Planning)
Closing Date: 16-Dec-2019
Closing Time (MT): 02:00 PM
Location of Work:
9811 – 109 Street,
This planning project is required for scope development and solution options analysis for the Government Services Sector Data and Information Inventory. The project deliverables will provide a clear understanding of our current state and a plan and schedule for the work to identify all information and data assets held by sector departments. The business case will provide options for an inventory database as required for all information and data assets held in the Government Services Sector departments. The work will enable the sector to better meet GoA IMT Standards and Directives including information asset management as identified in the GoA ISMDs.
Description of Services:
Responsible for the coordination and completion of IT projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Compile project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- Manage project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the Ministries’ enterprise architecture.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects, project resources and project governance.
- Work with project sponsors to ensure that effective project communication exists through the duration of the project including escalation of risks as required.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with project sponsors and the project management office to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Develop project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
- Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
- In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar projects.
- Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
- Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.
Estimated Workdays: 61
Estimated Start Date: 06-Jan-2020
Estimated End Date: 31-Mar-2020
Estimated Hours Per Day: 7.25
Estimated On Call/Standby or Overtime Hours per Month: 15.00
# of Optional Extensions: 0
Maximum Duration of Extension: 0
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 /hour
- records and information management projects: 5 years (Required)
- project management: 5 years (Required)
- developing project deliverables including project charters: 5 years (Required)
- Project Manager on a large complex custom application: 4 years (Required)
- data management projects (practices and standards): 5 years (Required)