- 7+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas have the potential to change companies, reshape industries, and improve the lives of many. Picture working with cutting-edge technology, the most dynamic business's, and a talented & inclusive team. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-10 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun while making history. Come and help build the future with us as a Solutions Architect.
We are looking for a Database Specialist Solutions Architect to join our AWS team in Canada. This individual will partner closely with the database Business Development and Sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of AWS database services. Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our database services. As our portfolio of database services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other AWS teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate AWS database options into customer architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
As a Solutions Architect (SA), you should partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you should help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you should help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You should seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broaden the use of the AWS platform across the customer's organization. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing a comprehensive learning program. The AWS Solutions Architecture team provides an opportunity to work in an open environment that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, and job shadowing opportunities to develop your knowledge of the AWS ecosystem of services and solutions. The ideal candidate has a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you achieve results that delight AWS customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS Database services such as Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Database Migration Services.
- Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
- Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the AWS platform, in partnership with the sales team.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Contribute to AWS internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge.
- Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support to address customer needs.
- All travel is temporarily on hold.
- Hands on experience as a database administrator, data warehouse architect or big data developer.
- Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. Amazon is committed to providing accommodation at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.