Blue Vision Design Inc. is an Building Drafting & Design firm located in West Kelowna, BC. It was established in 2015 by Bradley A. Veenstra, AScT, a Certified Building Technologist since 2014 through Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) and an Energy Advisor pending certification through Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
With 10+ years of drafting and design experience, a background in structural & building energy design, and a passion for sustainable design and lifestyle, the goal is to provide professional drafting and design services, construction consulting, and professional building energy services and evaluations while offering sustainable solutions and technology to standard construction practices.
Teamed with award winning builders, Blue Vision is committed to providing our clients with the highest quality services and results while pioneering the west with high-efficient and sustainable designs.
Blue Vision is looking for a Junior to Intermediate Architectural/Building Technologist or Technician looking to be a part of a team that will provide clients with Building Permit / Construction Drawings, 3D BIM model designs and Professional Architectural, Construction and Building Energy Consulting.
· Have a Diploma or Degree in Architectural Drafting & Design with a minimum of 3 years of experience
· Be able to conceptualize and create 3D models in Revit 3D from 2D sketches/ drawings
· Be able to translate conceptual designs into detailed working drawings
· Be able to prepare drawings of residential buildings that are used for construction and for obtaining building permits
· Understand industry construction standards and building codes
· Understand local zoning and by-law regulations
· Be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit 3D, BlueBeam Revu & Microsoft Office.
· Precedence will be given to those with high-quality 3D rendering skills in Lumion
· Have excellent communication skills both verbally and written
· Is detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task
· Have a passion for sustainable design and looking to pursue a career in Building Energy Consulting
· Willing to grow with a young company and expand into a corner stone of the local Drafting & Design services market
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send cover letter, resume and references. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour