TMX Group's key subsidiaries operate cash and derivative markets and clearinghouses for multiple asset classes including equities and fixed income. Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TSX Alpha Exchange, The Canadian Depository for Securities, Montréal Exchange, Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation, Trayport and other TMX Group companies provide listing markets, trading markets, clearing facilities, depository services, technology solutions, data products and other services to the global financial community. TMX Group is headquartered in Toronto and operates offices across North America (Montréal, Calgary, Vancouver and New York), as well as in key international markets including London, Beijing and Singapore.
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer, the Head of Digital Platforms, Capital Markets is a newly created position, established to lead the vision, strategy and launch of new product and commercial strategies for our digital assets, including TMXmoney, TMX Webstore and our web ecosystem which currently attract vast audiences of clients, prospects, investors and other stakeholders.
Given the TMX Group's dedication to the development of our digital platform strategy, we are seeking a uniquely talented business leader to drive an expansion agenda as well as, protect incumbent business with a future-oriented, client centric, commercial mindset.
Strategic Vision and Business Acumen:
Product Strategy and Development:
- Lead the product vision, P&L, and digital marketing strategy for the company’s web ecosystem and core digital assets including TMXmoney and TMX Webstore
- Construct and execute against the monetization strategy for strategic digital assets, focusing on building community, affiliate, and e-commerce and ad revenue channels, with a view to create increased business over the next 2 yrs
- Achieve key performance objectives, including user growth, engagement, conversion and revenue
Digital Marketing and Analytics:
- Partner with TMX’s technology and development team to ensure product roadmap deliverables are achieved on time and on budget. Embrace TMX’s Agile Operating Model through active engagement with agile clusters and squads
- Demonstrate product strategy and capabilities to key stakeholders including clients, senior leaders, TMX board members and investors
- Develop the operating and governance model for content publishing across all TMX digital platforms and communities
- Ensure the marketing technology stack and associated workflows and analytics are integrated within key digital communications, community and website platforms
- Build advanced insights including user/audience segmentation, predictive modeling systems, influence models and recommender systems, optimization strategies, and lifetime value modeling
- Leverage market research, usage analytics, and in-person meetings to capture user insights which will help shape product and commercial strategies
Team Development and Management:
- Collaborate with the technology team to define client journeys across all TMX digital assets which will streamline how users access tools and information assets, while maximizing conversion and growth opportunities for the firm.
- Create and manage an exceptional and consistent customer experience across all platforms including desktop, mobile, chat and voice
- Oversee and conduct user testing and research improving upon the customer experience on the platform with a focus creating maximizing utility and insights for clients while maximizing conversion rates
- Assemble a high performing team of product, community, analytics and content managers who will help deliver product roadmap, user engagement and insights objectives
- Build rapport and establish collaborative relationships with each business, as well as sales personnel, IT, senior executives, other internal functions as well as external professional resources/contacts to leverage business relationships to support goals
- Collaborate with TMX business unit leaders across to ensure digital platforms incorporate an enterprise view in our product design and go to market strategies
- Establish partnerships with third party community, content, data and technology firms who can bring value and monetization opportunities to TMX digital platform
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The candidate will be a dynamic digital business and platform strategist and leader who has 15+ years of successfully building and managing digital platforms and online communities. Specific qualifications include:
- An honours bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree or diploma in Marketing, Data Science, Analytics or a related field is a plus.
- Min. 10+ years in managing and growing sales and P&L for digital platforms or communities
- A visionary with a proven track record in building digital platforms and communities which yield high correlations to client engagement and significant revenue growth.
- Minimum 5+ years in financial services/capital markets industry
- A business-minded product leader who is highly proficient in achieving product roadmap deliverables, engagement metrics and revenue objectives on time and on budget.
- Exceptional understanding of how digital data science can be utilized to create new capabilities, user experience improvements, and actionable insights.
- Strong intuition and “feel” for current trends in digital platforms and communities, content and conversion strategies. Ability to leverage and balance both quantitative and qualitative feedback to drive product decisions.
- Able to evaluate, analyze and summarize data and facts, establish logical connections and form sound decisions. Build sophisticated web/user analytics and metrics to quickly gauge approaches and course correct, as required.
- Experience in designing and and implementing enterprise scale analytics/CRM solutions, including data mining systems, campaign management and mixed media measurement models integrated within digital and community platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of the Agile development framework and product development process.
- Technical understanding of current core technologies and third party applications (WCM, MAT, analytics, mobile) used to support and digital platforms and communities.
- Proven ability to lead transformational change within an organization.
- Results driven and passionate - with infectious energy that inspires others.
- Strong problem solving skills and able to satisfy multiple sometimes competing stakeholders.
- Demonstrated learning agility - able to embrace and adapt quickly to changes in priorities and situations.
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to organize and express ideas succinctly when speaking or presenting to individuals or groups.
- Strong relationship builder who uses listening and execution to build credibility.
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.