WDM Chartered Professional Accountants is a Vancouver-based chartered accounting firm initially established in 1981. We work with individuals and businesses in a diverse range of industries including real estate investment, construction, manufacturing, mining and exploration, oil & gas, retail, and professional services. Our office is located in a unique and beautiful neighborhood at the corner of Broadway and Granville Street in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
About the position:
This is a CPA Pre-Approved Program.
We wish to hire a junior/intermediate staff accountant to join our team. If you are a CPA student/candidate with 1-2 years of accounting-related experience and wish to persue a career in public accounting, we would like to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Preparation of working paper files and financial statements for audit, review and compilation engagements for public and private entities in a variety of different industries
- Preparation of personal tax returns, corporate tax returns, and trust returns
- Preparation of other regulatory returns and other compliance filings
- Interaction with clients in a professional manner
- Ensuring work is completed accurately and on a timely basis
Competencies and Skills
- Experience in public practice would be preferred but not a requirement
- Eligibility to enroll or currently enrolled in CPA PEP program
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skill
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, and Taxprep would be preferred but not essential
All applicants must be eligible to work for any employers in Canada. Please forward a copy of resume and transript to be considered for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time