Here at Nurse Next Door,
Our purpose is Making Lives Better. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, our real talent is caring and connecting to senior’s hearts. Nurse Next Door is not just another homecare company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working as a home caregiver at Nurse Next Door you will be part of a growing company that is making a positive impact in senior’s lives.
If you are passionate about Making Lives Better and:
- Always put clients first
- Have a warm and caring heart
- Think of creative solutions and always find a better way
- Follow through with commitments and build great relationships
- Go above and beyond (even when no one is looking!)
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Passion for delivering Happier Aging and client-focused care in home and community settings
- Assisting clients with activities of daily living: healthy meal preparation, personal care, light housekeeping, errands, companionship, transportation, according to own experience/skill
- Meeting safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Providing premium care approach to clients and their family members
- Reviewing progress notes prior to beginning a visit, completing records accurately and carrying out all assignments as requested
Perks and Benefits:
- Choose your own schedule: You get to pick and choose the caregiving shifts that work for you and your lifestyle creating a healthy work/personal life balance.
- Quartley training: At Nurse Next Door we want to make sure our caregivers are the most up to date on our caregiving procedures and protocols.
- Fun community events: We love to get out in the community and show people what Nurse Next Door is all about. As a part of our team, you get to decide if you want to be apart of the fun events we do such as annual scooter races and hike for hospice.
- Annual appreciation gatherings: Every year we get the team together to eat and mingle and let loose!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
- home care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health Care Assistant / Care Aide Licence (Preferred)