Westwood Honda has an opening for a full-time Sales Consultant.
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the auto industry? We just finished a big renovation, are growing fast, and we’d love you to join the team at our state-of-the-art facility. We are looking to hire a motivated, client focused, and results driven Sales Consultant. If you are looking to be part of a team that works hard but also likes to have fun, this is the place for you!
What should you possess?
- Previous sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills; always striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs/Sheets.
- Comfortable working with technology and learning and using our custom apps and electronic vehicle management systems.
- Comfortable with compensation based on commission sales.
- Valid BC Drivers’ License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Valid BC VSA License is an asset
- Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Car sales or Honda experience is an asset
Your responsibilities would include:
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales targets of new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Approach, greet, and offer assistance or direction to any customer who enters the showroom or sales lot.
- Assist customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Perform a high-quality, professional, and knowledgeable presentation and demonstration of new/used vehicles as well as explain all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Learn to overcome objections, close sales, and perform all other steps of the sales process in accordance with company standards.
- Build a strong rapport with customers.
- Report to the Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analysis.
- Attend/complete required training as required.
- Additional duties as required
About Westwood Honda
Westwood Honda is part of the Dick Irwin Group Ltd., a family owned and operated business celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. Opening its doors in 1978 as a small community dealer, Westwood Honda has since grown into the highest volume Honda dealership in Western Canada, with an award-winning, 100+ member staff that continually stands out on a national scale.
As a family business, we do things differently. We care deeply about our customers, our community, our employees and our environment. We go the extra mile to make people happy and our service is second to none.
We are proud to have a strong and dedicated team and our Employees are as important to us as our customers. Some of the perks of joining the Westwood Honda team include:
- We like to promote from within and support professional development through mentoring, conferences, certification programs, apprentice programs, paid training, and provide reimbursements for continued education.
- Our management team ensures employees have what they need to do their best work.
- We believe in complete transparency and no pressure in our sales process.
- An opportunity to work with a great group of dedicated individuals, all invested in the success of not only our business, but you as well.
- We enjoy a work-smart culture that celebrates our wins together.
- Annual events and parties. We’re a family and we want you and your loved ones to join us in celebrating.
- Work-life balance. We know work is only one part of your life.
- Closed on Sundays and Statutory Holidays.
- Employees receive discounts on Parts and Service.
- A competitive commission performance plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Located directly adjacent to Inlet Centre Skytrain Station and a five minute walk to amenities, like a grocery store and various restaurants.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please note, only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- BC Driver's licence (Required)
- BC VSA Licence (Preferred)