UPS is currently looking for Full-time Courier Drivers to work from our Nanaimo Package Facility
- Position Title: Courier Driver
- Position Type: Permanent Full-time
- Work Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM* (based on operational requirements)
- Workdays: Monday to Friday* (based on operational requirements)
- Location: Madsen Rd, Nanaimo BC
*Shift schedules may vary based on operational requirements
Courier Drivers are responsible for daily package deliveries serving our business and residential customers. The daily duties of a courier driver include the following:
- Conducting a pre-trip check of the assigned vehicle to ensure safety during deliveries
- Lifting, sorting and moving of boxes weighing between 10 to 70lbs.
- Unloading and loading packages off and onto vehicles during drop-offs and pick-ups
- Operating a DIAD system that helps out in navigating addresses and postal codes.
- Available to work Monday to Friday*
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills;
- Customer service and/or driving experience is an asset
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, customer facing and outside environment
- Comfortable working in various weather conditions
- Must have a VALID BC CLASS 5 DRIVER’S LICENSE
- Must have NO AT-FAULT VEHICLE ACCIDENTS in the past three years prior to applying
- Must have NO TICKETS OR VIOLATION in the past 12-months prior to applying
- Ability to lift up parcels weighing between 10lbs up to 70lbs (32kg) unassisted.
All candidates must go through a series of interviews, background and reference checks.
What we offer...
- Training and Development: training provided for all positions
- Weekly compensation: weekly pay, effective starting rate of $14/hour*
- Guaranteed wage progression: wage increases are guaranteed*
- Generous benefits package: MSP coverage, extended benefits and pension plan*
- Promotion from within: career advancement in many areas of the business
- Employee discounts: employee discounts available online through UPSers.
If you are interested in joining the UPS team. Please send us a recent copy of your resume and driver’s abstract. Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Email: upsjobsbc @ups.com
“UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise our Human Resources representatives. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.”
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 5 Driver's License (Required)