TheRF Technicianwill be responsible for RF site surveys, analyzing and reports of RF coverage inside public and private buildings, designing RF coverage enhancement solutions for in-building locations, RF propagation modeling, site surveys, working closely with other Engineering and Operations team members related to in-building projects and provide support where required, installation project management and technical oversight, optimization, and adjustment of new in-building systems to meet design criteria; data collection, troubleshooting.
Professional, technical or administrative knowledge required to accomplish the job duties and responsibilities.
- College diploma with focus on electronics/RF engineering.
- Fundamental understanding of the physics behind RF wave propagation theory.
- Ability to apply logarithmic RF math concepts to perform power link budget calculations, and compare different product's via their technical specifications
- Ability to use basic office applications, including Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook/Email, Adobe Acrobat
SPECIAL SKILLS/TRAINING/LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Any special skills, training, licenses or certifications needed to perform the job duties. Examples: other languages, special math or writing skills, experience with specific tools, equipment, computer hardware or software, knowledge of special terminology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Engineering Technologist program
- iBwave training/experience.
- DASand Wi-Fi System training/certification for any of the DAS/Wi-FIOEM platforms: TE, Mobile Access, SOLiD, CommScope, Cisco, Aruba
- Training/certification for CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator(CWNA) certification preferred
- Experience with test equipment: Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Network Analyzer, etc.
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork focus
- Innovative and open minded to new techniques and technologies
- Attitude focused on team success and improving the customer experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
Job Types: Full-time, Contract