Legal Assistant (Trademarks) - Toronto
Bereskin & Parr LLP (B&P) is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property law firms. We have approximately 240 firm members, including more than 80 lawyers, patent and trademark agents and students, with four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment.
We are currently looking for a motivated Legal Assistant to join our trademarks team in our Toronto Office. This position will be supporting two Professionals whose practices focus on trademark enforcement. This position offers opportunities for growth and learning in relation to all aspects of trademark law.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Provide assistance to professionals with project and due date management, running reports, and following-up with team regarding status of work as directed by the professional;
· Assist with trademark clearance searches and search opinions;
· Prepare status reports and assist professionals with ad hoc projects;
· Prepare correspondence with the Trademarks Office (CIPO);
· Prepare and perform initial review of conflict searches, and retainer letter before professional approval;
· All aspects of opening and closing files;
· Assist with monthly billing;
· Assist professionals with travel arrangements;
· Edit documents and power point presentations re requested; and,
· Other administrative duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to B&P:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes. Please include "Legal Assistant (Trademarks) - Toronto" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Liam Bragg, Human Resources Generalist by phone 416-957-1622.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent