Coldbox Builders Inc. is a Canadian ICI design-build general contractor focused on food processing and cold storage facilities. We are seeking an experienced ICI project manager to join our growing construction team. Appropriate experience in this role means you have held the title of Project Manager, Construction Manager, Project Director, or Construction Director for at least 10 years.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in executing simultaneous design-build projects in different phases and of varying complexity and size. You have strong leadership and project management skills working both independently and leading a team. You must be client-centric, understand the nuance of properly managing the expectations of end-user clients.
We are seeking a project manager who has strengths and interest in managing design-build projects, working with and leading the design team in conceptualizing and executing complete design packages, as well as seamlessly executing the permit acquisition and construction. An effective negotiator having confidence and experience in tendering and negotiating buyouts of subcontract work. A strong collaborative approach to delivering projects designed by our in-house design team is essential.
This project manager is accountable to ensure that projects are completed on schedule, on budget and to the highest level of quality required while maintaining an excellent working relationship with the client and the subcontractors. This role is expected to provide accurate up to date project updates to the senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate project management experience and skill in managing construction budgets, construction schedules and client expectations on projects ranging between $250k and $20M.
- A min of 10 years of experience in the role of Project Manager, Construction Manager, Project Director or Construction Director within a general contracting firm specializing in design-build.
- 10 years of experience in tendering and negotiating sub-trade work.
- A proven track record of successfully utilizing project coordinators and site superintendents.
- Proficiency as a project manager in site development, building envelope and M&E Systems for ICI facilities.
- Experience with construction projects ranging between $250,000 to $20 million.
- A range of experience in site development, greenfields, additions & building alterations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with:
- CCA & CCDC Prime Contracts.
- CCA Sub-Contracts
- Proficient in the use of construction project management software (CMiC or similar).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project
- Lead the Design-Build team and client relationship from sales hand over to turnkey project delivery.
- Keep projects on or below budget by tendering scopes of work competitively and negotiating buyouts of sub-contracts based on the overall value of the bid and schedule impacts.
- Budget management and tracking of multiple projects.
- Identify project risks, mitigate company exposure to them effectively and within the terms of both Prime and Subcontracts.
- Drive project schedules through planning and leading site superintendents, project coordinators and trade contractors, being proactive and clear on next steps.
- Ensure the schedule is being tracked regularly on an actual vs baseline basis.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites to ensure quality is being delivered, sites are maintained very well and that superintendents are running “tight ships”.
- Direct site superintendents by delegating authority and responsibility to them for maintaining schedule and organizing work as appropriate for the scale and complexity of a given project.
- Oversee tendering, bid selection, buy-out approval, and contract administration.
- Post-Construction client support for warranty calls.
- Ensuring construction billing documentation is delivered to the Finance department accurately and on time.
- Overall control of the construction program of the project and ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and administration of submittals, change logs, inspection requirements, and RFI logs weather maintained by yourself or other staff reporting to you.
- Proactively prevent disputes from arising. Where they do, your responsibility is to carry them to a swift conclusion with the support of senior leadership.
- Monthly budget forecasting for all projects.
- Confident and personable with clients.
- Simultaneous management of multiple projects in varying phases.
- Able to effectively lead project coordinators and site superintendents and design coordinators.
- Able to instigate action from sub-trades, vendors and suppliers.
- A highly competent and effective negotiator.
- Ability to mitigate disputes among all stakeholders.
- Effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Successful at maintaining and growing client and vendor relationships.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management is required.
- PMP designation is an asset.
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset.
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Salary commensurate with experience level and proven track record of successfully delivering ICI Design Build Construction Projects in North America.
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Quarterly Performance Review
This role is based in Burlington Ontario and will require travel across Canada, as the demand arises.
Coldbox Builders Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- construction project management: 10 years (Required)