We are seeking a Family Law Associate to become a part of our team! You must have an LL.B. or J.D., be licensed to practise law in Ontario and be a member in good standing with the LSO. You will represent clients in legal proceedings, draw up legal documents and advise clients on legal transactions.
- Drafting applications, answers, replies and other court documents.
- Preparing for and attending conferences.
- Represent clients in negotiations, mediation, mediation/arbitration and court appearances.
- Prepare for and attend motions.
- Correspond with clients and third parties.
- Comply with all legal standards and regulations.
- Maintain your own files while also being available to assist with senior counsel's files or acting as agent for others.
- Other related tasks
- Previous experience in family law (at least two years)
- Familiarity with various legal documents
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as a member of the team as well as independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent self-discipline
Job Type: Full-time
- family law: 2 years (Preferred)