Candidate must be able to bend frequently, physically lift and carry up to 65 lbs. including work on their feet for extended periods of time on a daily basis.
Perform routine and heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, restrooms, washing walls and glass, polishing and removing debris to ensure a clean and sterile environment. Also act as a primary maintenance assistance repairing small damages to the building and other like tasks.es and fulfill staffing levels.
Preferred candidate will have both proven experience in janitorial and maintenance experience; possess a passion and an eye for cleanliness and sanitation as well as basic working skills in repair of common facility.
Individuals require accuracy and attention to detail when completing all tasks with alertness and a regard for safety procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily, weekly and other regular scheduled routine maintenance and cleaning of all areas of the building , office, lunch room, including restrooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash
- Service, clean, and supply all restrooms
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent personal injury, damage to floors, fixtures & equipment
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours
- Assisting Maintenance and Facility Manager with all required tasks.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Occasional seasonal grounds maintenance including gardening, light snow removal or debris from sidewalks and office perimeter
Qualifications & Skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Reliable and able to work occasionally earlier or later then operating hours
- Must be able to bend frequently, physically lift and carry objects up to 65 pounds
- Work extended periods on your feet on a daily basis
- Proven janitorial experience & maintenance skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work
- Require accuracy, alertness, attention to detail and a regard for safety procedures
Education, Work Experience and other requirements
- Combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above
- Interpersonal communication skills
- A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)