Position Title: Line Cook
Company Name: The Lodge at Arrow Lakes, a branch of CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Reports to: Hotel Manager
Location of Work: Nakusp, British Columbia
Employee Type: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Number of Positions: 2
Date of Last Review: September 20, 2021
Desired Start Date: October 2021
With 50+ years of experience, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures has evolved into the world’s largest Heli-Skiing and Heli-Hiking company, operating 12 lodges in the winter and 3 in the summer throughout British Columbia, Canada. The business’s central office is located in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures is privileged to operate in the traditional territories of the Ktunaxa, Secwépemc, Syilx, and Stoney Nakoda Nations.
The CMH Mission is to guide our staff and guests through life changing mountain experiences.
Our Vision is to be recognized as the world leader of guided mountain experiences – by our guests, our employees, our partners, and our communities.
- Safety as a cornerstone.
- Share our passion – every day.
- Always act with integrity.
- We work as a team.
- Aim for best.
- Balance our social, fiscal, and environmental responsibilities.
The position of Line Cook requires an in-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods. A passion for creative and high-end casual dining in a pub style setting is a must, as well as the confidence and skill to create quality, innovative dining entrees for our evening specials. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in collaborating with members of the team to deliver exceptional products.
Along with a year-round hotel, pub, and dining room, The Lodge at Arrow Lakes is also host to the CMH Kootenay Heli-Skiing operation during winter months. To learn more about The Lodge at Arrow Lakes, please visit the website: The Lodge at Arrow Lakes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively and professionally with front-of-house staff to provide exceptional guest experience.
- Setting up and maintaining cook stations, stocking with the necessary prep supplies.
- Preparing food items for the line.
- Working on the line, cooking, and preparing items from the menu.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Handling and storing food safely and properly.
- Follow OH&S, food safe, and WHMIS best-practices.
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Kitchen experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in similar role.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualities
- Demonstrates integrity, discretion, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Clear attention-to-detail with a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to work long days with flexibility to assist in other roles, as needed.
- Able to communicate in an effective and timely manner, and openly receive and act on feedback.
- Able to work as a cohesive, high-functioning team to achieve goals.
- Take pride in hard work, strive for excellence, and anticipate guest needs.
- Proven ability to maintain professional working relationships with peers.
- Able to prioritize tasks in a complex and fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Trustworthy and self-directed in completing the core functions of the role.
- Sees tasks through to completion including follow-up on any identified issues.
- Clear ability to report to their supervisor, but also take direction and guidance from other members of management on a regular basis.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- This position will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business, seasonal workloads, and hotel/restaurant bookings.
- This position is based out of a quaint, fairly remote town in the West Kootenay region of BC. The successful candidate must have a passion for small-town living and working in an industry that is seasonally driven by tourism.
- CMH is committed to developing a rich culture, a diverse workforce, and a healthy work environment in which every employee is treated fairly and respected. Each employee will contribute to the company's success while also having the opportunity to achieve their full potential as individuals.
Other Duties as Assigned
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of CMH, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the details associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities.
A competitive hourly rate will be provided, along with 4% vacation pay. Further Details will be discussed in a personal interview.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health and dental benefit eligibility after 160 days worked.
- Group Savings Plan eligibility after 160 days worked.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
**CMH is an equal opportunity employer**