Job title :
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CLERK
VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for a casual Diagnostic Imaging Clerk to join their team.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Diagnostic Imaging department, such as:
- Patient registration;
- Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Diagnostic Imaging staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
- Ensures pertinent previous images and documentation are available for patient exam date, and forwards images to other facilities outside the Health Authority;
- Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
- Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
- Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
- Types a variety of documents - memorandums, letters, minutes, education documents, presentations and statistical tables;
- Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current five (5) minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.