About the Role:
The Office Manager and Executive Assistant will be responsible for planning and overseeing all administrative support and office services for the company. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, reception duties, shipping and receiving, contract management, inventory management and tracking, and general troubleshooting. They will also assist in a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the senior management members. Duties include but are not limited to arranging travel plans, meeting minute-taking and distribution, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence.
- Coordinate departmental programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Arrange and attend executive team meetings; take, distribute, and archive meeting minutes and/or diaries.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery, general office supplies, office furniture, hardware and other equipment.
- Coordinate office seating arrangements for business units and assign desks, laptops, and other assets as necessary.
- Scheduling and taking laptops in for service/repair.
- Assist in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and keycards.
- Negotiate contracts and service level agreements for third party suppliers and/or service providers.
- Provide support to the sales and/or marketing teams by arranging logistics for trade shows and other events.
- Inventory planning to minimize shortages and improve inventory and holdings.
- Keeping the kitchen stocked by ordering weekly groceries and going on monthly trips to Costco.
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of executive management.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management and executive staff.
- Coordinate logistics of executive team programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as required.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate office administration issues.
- Prepare and review presentations.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the executive team, as directed.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Post Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in an Administrative role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Google Suite (Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Slides).
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management.
- Previous experience with event planning is an asset.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
Benefits And Perks:
- Vacation Time: work hard, play hard. We have flexible vacation to help you recharge
- Flex hours: We know that 9-5 doesn't work for everyone
- Health spending account: Health and wellness are important! We offer subsidies on Health and Wellness
- We believe in learning: We empower our team to learn new skills and achieve career advancement
- Free snacks & coffee: We have a fully stocked fridge with an assortment of healthy and fun snacks
- Health and dental: All our employees get a comprehensive health insurance with dental plan
- Office and Location: Located in the core of downtown Kitchener, our office is steps away from amenities including coffee, restaurants, pharmacies and local transit. For commuters, affordable parking options are available
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Office Management: 2 years (Preferred)