Line Cooks/ Prep Cooks
In charge of prepping food and plating dishes, according to the chef and restaurants menu specifications .
They are assigned a specific place in the line, such as grill or veg prep station.
We are looking for line cooks to prepare food to the exact chef's specifications and to set up stations for menu.
Line cook duties will consist of assisting the head chef and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
* Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
* Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
* Cook menu items in cooperation with the kitchen staff
* Answer, report and follow chef and sous chef instructions
* Clean up station and take care of leftover food
* Stock inventory appropriately
* Ensure food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and timely fashion
* Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
* Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
* Follow posted daily cleaning duties
* Proven cooking experience, including as restaurant cook or prep cook
* Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
* Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
* Familiar with industry's practices
* All food safe requirements
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitimat, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)