Atlantic Packaging is the largest privately owned and fully integrated corrugated packaging company in Canada with over 75 years of innovation and tradition, with over 1,500 people and 12 locations including plants and paper mills across Ontario and the U.S. Atlantic provides customers with a total packaging solution through its key business divisions which include: Corrugated and Colour Packaging, Recycled Paper Mills, Retail Packaging and Displays, Paper Bag Products, Supply and Inventory Management and Recycling. Other Atlantic strategic partners including Mitchel-Lincoln based in Montreal, Quebec; The Standfast Group based in Carol Stream, Illinois; Blackhawk Corrugated based in Carol Stream, Illinois; Skybox Packaging based in Mansfield, Ohio; and Champion Container Corporation based in Wood Dale, Illinois. For more information on Atlantic Packaging, please visit www.atlantic.ca
Join our growing skilled trades team as Maintenance Mechanic / Millwright at our rapidly expanding corrugated manufacturing operation in Brampton.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the licensed Maintenance Mechanic - 433A is responsible for the routine servicing, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of high speed machinery in a high volume production environment, in order to optimize safety, quality and equipment reliability (OEE).
- Perform routine servicing, troubleshooting and repair of high speed corrugated production machinery and auxiliary plant equipment to optimize safety, quality and equipment reliability (OEE)
- Working safely as top priority in accordance with safety policies and procedures, wearing prescribed personal protective equipment, using tools / equipment provided by the Company and reporting any hazards immediately to supervision
- Responding to service calls at the production lines and efficiently resolve any machine issues to reduce any downtime
- Visually and physically inspect machinery and equipment to diagnose, problem solve and troubleshoot issues with machine performance and reliability
- Work as a team on the installation and commissioning of new machinery, equipment and technology within the operation.
- Supporting plant expansion and continuous improvement activities working collaboratively and as part of a team with project engineering and operations leadership
- Read and interpret blue prints, technical drawings and equipment manuals to diagnose issues
- Ensure the safe use and operation of power tools and equipment used to complete repair and preventative maintenance tasks
- Remove and replace defective parts and components; perform rigging and use hoists, cranes and other equipment to complete tasks
- Fabricate and repair parts where qualified using machine shop instruments and equipment where qualified
- Verify that work performed on work orders is satisfactory and complete and report any issues or concerns to supervision immediately
- Maintain safe and clean work area, in compliance with environmental, health and safety, housekeeping procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- Follow all established Company policies and procedures
- A valid Industrial Mechanic - 433A certification is a prerequisite
- Practical work experience with a high volume manufacturing environment is a prerequisite
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills with sound knowledge of technical standards
- Strong leadership and effective communication skills are a prerequisite with the ability to problem solve and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work a bi-weekly rotating 8 hour shift schedule including days, afternoons and nights and availability to work overtime as required
The Company also offers a comprehensive group benefits plan (dental, health, vision) and retirement plan.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.28 /hour
- Industrial Mechanic - 433A (Required)