Temporary Assignment - approximately 26 weeks
POSITION SUMMARY:The role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to:
- Deliver desktop support to SJHH's 3 Campus sites as well as SJHH partner sites and projects via phone, technology and/or desk side
- Resolve user issues deploying and upgrading desktop applications and technology; and to
- Set technology standards and improve desktop processes
Community College Diploma in Information Technology (focus on Network Technology and/or software development/ application focus) with Co-op OR
Resolves (Tier 2) issues related to specialized areas such as:
- Graduation from an equivalent relevant IT formal education program
- Minimum 3 years pertinent Desktop technology support experience
- Competency in core Microsoft Office system products
- Working knowledge and experience with mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones, Blackberry's, etc.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer operating systems hardware and peripherals.
- Effective listening and comprehension skills to interpret user requests and resolve support problems.
- Proven written and oral communication skills for helping/instructing customers.
- Customer service orientation to work in a demanding customer-oriented environment.
- Creative insightful thinking is crucial to this role due to the need to discover the root cause and appropriate solutions.
- Able to handle multiple requests and prioritize work in a diverse and complex environment.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Advanced features of SJHH standard software
- Application printing/network queues
- Troubleshoots and contacts vendors to repair/resolve network connectivity issues related to name resolution and jack activation.
- Establishes organization wide software and hardware configuration for desktops and investigates and resolves complex malfunction issues with PC's printers lap tops copiers and peripherals.
- Evaluates and recommends upgrades to desktop and portable computers and provides advanced knowledge on functionality of various options.
- Initiates warranty or maintenance renewal contracts with vendors and reviews service level agreements.
- Advises departments on unique non-standard hardware and peripherals.7. Co-ordinates small projects e.g. configures and deploys PC upgrade for a department or project.
- Advises and recommends solutions to users with unique requirements within technological limitations
- Recognizes problem trends and performs preliminary analysis of problems affecting the user community and proactively escalates the issue for resolution within Operations or Applications teams.
- Develops and designs User Acceptance Testing criteria for enterprise-wide desktop solutions.
- Installs and configures specialized applications for departmental groups and users,
- Co-ordinates departmental responsibilities for New Hires, Moves, etc with respect to all technology set-up.
Monday to Friday, days