Caretaker (1-6 positions, f/t and p/t) JobID#CT2020
- Location: Dinosaur, Tillebrook and Kinbrook Island Provincial Parks
- Classification: Caretaking Services 1
- Daily cleaning of all park buildings, facilities and amenities within the park (includes vault toilets, shower house, etc.); duties include washing, disinfecting, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, cob web removal and filling necessities;
- Cleaning and upkeep of conference facility (also includes operation of floor scrubbing, polishing and buffing chemicals and equipment
- Stocking and supply management of cleaning supplies, and other consumables and materials (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, soaps, detergent, paper towels, etc.)
- Accommodation unit turn-over, inclusive of laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning, washing, disinfecting as well as cleaning and maintenance of barbeques and propane tank swaps
- Collection and disposal of garbage & recycling materials
- Regular inspections and upkeep of assigned fleet vehicle/s
- Responsible for the cleaning, upkeep and inspection of work and accommodation spaces
- Occupational Health & Safety awareness and compliance
- Support the broader park team to provide a high-level of visitor services
- Some high school education
- 6 months of related experience; equivalencies considered
- Experience using Microsoft Windows, Email and Internet
- Current WHIMIS Certificate
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR-Level C Certificate an asset
- Valid Class 5 license; unrestricted or GDL
- 5-year Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission; with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL) (for successful applicants)
- Defensive driving course required prior to commencement
- Off-highway vehicle and small equipment experience an asset
- Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks in extreme weather conditions (heat/cold)
- Strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Equivalencies considered
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS - To hold self and others responsible for achieving results and agreed upon targets while maximizing resources
- CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING - Breaks straightforward problems down into manageable components to identify what needs to be done
- AGILITY - Sees the need and readily steps into co-workers tasks to help out when needed
Hours of Work:
- Full Time Shifts are 7.25 hrs. per day, up to 36.25 hrs. per week. Part time shifts are 3.5 hrs. per day and up to 36.25 hrs. per week
- Weekend, evening and holiday work is required
Rate of Pay: $22.51- $23.85 / hour (Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holiday pay, as well as weekend/evening premiums)
Term of Employment: These are seasonal opportunities of varying lengths beginning in late April/May with end dates in September (or later), depending on budget availability and operational requirements.
Application Deadline: Monday, Feb. 24, 2020 at 11:59pm
Please submit a cover letter with your resume/application.
Resumes received will be used to fill future vacancies.
Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
On-site fully furnished rental accommodations may be available for rent.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $22.51 to $23.85 /hour