Type Full-time position, Day Shift
Wage Competitive Compensation, Exceptional Benefits, 3 weeks vacation after 1 year, Profit Sharing
Location Hamilton, ON
Type Full-time position, Day Shift
Profit Sharing and Group Retirement Savings Plan
Certified as Great Place to Work Canada 2019
Named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
Employee Family Scholarship Program
Flexible health benefits that work for you and your family
Great Culture, Family oriented and community involvement initiatives
Safety orientation & rewards program
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, timely repair and preventative maintenance of various equipment and machinery located in
and around the Plant, Property and Offices.
Main Responsibilities will include:
Installation and Repair of Equipment and Machinery
- Respond to maintenance service requests in a timely manner as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Lead Hand.
- Install equipment and machinery as provided or required for repair.
- Inspect equipment and machinery for deficiencies and investigate any irregularities. Report deficiencies or irregularities to the Maintenance Supervisor
and/or Lead Hand or generate the necessary work order request.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate lifting devices and hoists during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Inform the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Lead Hand of any additionally discovered issues pertaining to the repair and/or operation of equipment and
- Ensure tools and equipment are operated in adherence with Health and Safety Procedures.
- Abide by all company policies relevant for the prescribed work to be performed.
Preventative Maintenance, Inspections and Facility Upkeep
- Perform Preventative Maintenance routines according to schedule on equipment as directed to by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Lead Hand to ensure
equipment is in proper working order. Document and correct any irregularities in order to keep track of equipment performance.
- Perform routine maintenance and upkeep of the facility and its properties to ensure functionality of company operations.
- Perform scheduled inspections on all relevant equipment including cranes, lifting devices, machinery.
Desired Skills and Experience
Completion of Secondary School
Completion of a three or four year Apprenticeship in a related field (Millwright or Mechanical Engineering Technician).
3 Years Experience in the Manufacturing Industry
Skills, Knowledge and Competency Requirements
Knowledge of crane, machine control centers, HVAC and electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic operating systems
Basic ability to troubleshoot repairs
Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
Organization Skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Analytical and Problem Solving skills
Standing for extended periods of time
Bending, crouching, kneeling
Exposure to weather conditions (I.e. work during all seasons)
Work both inside and outside
Requires the ability to carry up to 50 pounds
To apply to this job email firstname.lastname@example.org
Walters Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. #IND1