The Health Quality Council of Alberta (HQCA) is an independent organization legislated under the Health Quality Council of Alberta Act with a mandate to promote and improve patient safety and health service quality on a province-wide basis.
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide quantitative analytical support to the HQCA. This includes data collection processes, analytical methods and research design, interpretation of results, and report writing. The Analyst works with multiple data types and data sources.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Calgary.
- Supports the development and execution of complex quantitative analytical projects.
- Supports the selection, development, and analysis of health system quality and patient safety indicators.
- Supports the planning and design of digital reporting solutions, PDF reports, and presentation materials.
- Supports the solving of analytical and technical problems when they arise.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of architecture and infrastructure.
- Supports the monitoring of data and reporting systems to ensure they meet both user needs and HQCA goals.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis and reporting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study emphasizing quantitative data analysis.
- Experience with survey methodologies and healthcare system data.
- Experience with SAS and STATA or other statistical software.
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
Key Traits and Skills
- Efficient and precise information handling.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work on multiple and diverse projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of Alberta’s healthcare system or healthcare in Canada is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)