Bring your creativity and innovation with technical expertise and experience to the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Section, Ministry of Transportation, where you will provide technical and project leadership and direction to a professional team involved in connected and automated vehicles (CAV) technologies, Smart Mobility services and advanced traffic management systems (ATMS) from research to policy, planning, design, construction and operations.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- lead and coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of complex and emerging ITS and ATMS technology and services to meet transportation management needs
- act as a source of knowledge and expertise for staff, consultants, senior management and other agencies
- make technical presentations to senior management and external agencies, representing Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and the ITS Office, on complex and controversial issues
- help MTO prepare the infrastructure for emerging technologies and smart mobility services through research, planning, policy, design, construction and operations.
How do I qualify?
Communication, Interpersonal and Analytical Skills:
- You are a Professional Engineer, licensed with the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- You can communicate effectively to prepare detailed technical reports
- You are able to prepare and make presentations
- You are able to analyze, make decisions, investigate and determine the merits of various options and products based on efficiency, safety, traffic behaviour and cost effectiveness
- You are able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- You are innovative and creative in your thinking to learn quickly in the evolving dynamic technical environment
Transportation Knowledge and Experience:
- You can lead and plan project activity
- You are able to provide technical direction to team members
- You are able to complete work with minimum supervision and complete duties as assigned
- You can manage project budgets, staff and resources effectively
- You know the theories, principles, and practices of traffic engineering, planning and design, operation maintenance of major transportation systems
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience with respect to advanced traffic management systems (i.e. Intelligent Transportation Systems) and related fields, in particular the emerging field of connected and autonomous vehicles.
1 Permanent, 159 Sir William Hearst Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
Professional Engineers, Government of Ontario
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Science and Engineering
Tuesday, February 11, 2020