As a member of our Contract Administration Group, under the direction of our Senior Inspectors, you will be responsible for field inspection assignments and related documentation for various construction site projects at different area field office locations. There is an immediate need for the Barrie Ontario area.
- Maintain effective functioning of the field office by providing administrative support to the Contracts Administrator(s), Project Manager(s) and other field staff with respect to communications and records management.
- Inspecting construction of various projects to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Interpreting requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Verifying quantities, prepare progress reports and maintain documentation.
- Identifying and act on contractual and regulatory infractions.
- Liaising with contractors and other stakeholders.
- Work in field offices, measure and verify quantities, prepare progress reports, maintain detailed daily diaries of contractor’s work and maintain various construction documentation, schedules and records for review by senior staff.
- Carry-out junior level survey work required to calculate quantities and ensure contractor accuracy.
- Monitor contractor’s adherence to all contractual and regulatory requirements, including legal, environmental, construction standards, and protection of wildlife.
- Liaise and maintain effective communication between clients, contractors and consultants.
- Travel and work on contracts throughout Ontario for the potential of lengthy periods at a time.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar inspector or quality assurance role for municipal or transportation construction projects.
- A university degree or college diploma in civil engineering or a related discipline
- Certified by OACETT for the Road Construction Junior Inspector (RCJI) designation.
- Some knowledge of design standards, specifications and materials associated with construction, laws and regulations including environmental, occupational health and safety requirements and their application in construction contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of email (MS Outlook), scheduling (MS Project), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software applications.
- Experience with MTO software WBCMS will be considered as a major asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Inspection: 2 years (Required)