DSW is searching for an Assistant Manager!
Do you have a love affair with shoes? We are looking for Passionate, Driven, Enthusiastic and Shoe Loving individuals to join our Management Team!
Our associates are what make us successful. Our culture is one in which we look to hire associates who exhibit our values of Honesty, Enthusiasm, Accountability and Respect. We reward and recognize our achievers, and we take pride in the difference our associates make. DSW is focused on providing customer service that’s passionate, friendly, helpful, and real. We’re looking for retail professionals who want to be a part of our unprecedented growth and share our vision for exceptional service. We value individuals who want a career working with a fast-growing, dynamic organization and who share our vision of becoming Canada’s Favourite Place for Shoes!
Key job accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing and implementing action plans that meet service levels and balance task completion.
- Coaches behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion.
- Communicate fashion trend information to store associates to promote product knowledge.
- Assist Store Manager in translating the trend into effective visual presentation, and they ensure that the presentation standards are in line with the company's direction and consistently represent the brand image.
- Assist with inventory control and financial processes
- Ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence within the store by focusing on the following:
- - Sales and Service –
- Leads associate engagement and implementation of financial plans to maintain KPI performance on a weekly basis.
- Meets Rewards and KPI goals by reinforcing behaviors that support behaviours and the values of the company.
- Provides recognition and feedback to improve performance.
- Responds to customer feedback with a sense of urgency.
- - Associate and Team Development –
- Assists with the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of associates.
- Helps identify and provide associate training, product and trend information.
- Provides feedback to management on associate performance.
- Communicates associate goals and provides developmental opportunities, feedback and coaching to support the growth of the company.
- Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills.
- Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance review process.
- - Merchandising –
- Participates in and leads associates in merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery.
- Assists in the communication and execution of presentation standards that are consistent with brand image.
- Ensures store is compliant with established standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
- - Operations –
- Ensures consistency in daily housekeeping.
- Ensures all inventory and pricing directives are implemented.
- Opens and closes store in rotation with management staff.
- Leads by example ensuring company policy and procedural compliance.
- Maintains Loss Prevention and Safety standards.
- Adheres to daily store cleaning, recovery and maintenance.
- Reviews communication materials and follows up accordingly.
- Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
- - Other Duties –
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other supervisor.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong background in customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven success in the achievement of sales and profitability targets.
- Positive and energetic team player with a strong leadership capability.
- Proven ability to motivate others.
- Educational background: relevant post-secondary education.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in progressive retail supervisory role.
A Successful Assistant Manager Enjoys:
- Generous merchandise discount.
- Flexible schedules.
- Health/Dental benefits and Life Insurance.
- Unlimited opportunity for growth.
- Competitive compensation plan designed to reward top performers.
- Epic training and development program.
- Open Door Policy and MUCH MORE!
If you love shoes as much as we do…APPLY NOW!
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest. Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process. We will work with Applicants to accommodate all accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail: 2 years (Preferred)