The Sample Shipper/ Lab Assistant will work in collaboration with the R&D Team. The successful job applicant main responsibility will be to organize and execute weekly shipping (local, long distance in Canada and US). As time permits, they will also assist in other lab duties as directed.
This position will report to the Director of R&D and will require interaction with internal departments including Sales, R&I, Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Shipping, etc.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Set up shipping of customer samples using shared calendar using standard process
- Communicate w/ internal partners to share shipping information or discuss requirements
- Work with shipping and other partners to secure samples by communicated deadlines
- Create labels, add sleeves or coordinate with production to add special packaging to prepare samples to ship.
- Wrap samples, cross check shipping list, pack/wrap securely and move boxes manually to shipping pick up location.
- Prepare required documentation for shipping using our local delivery service as well and National and International services.
- Maintain shipping log and documentation filing.
- As time permits, proactively offer help to other R&D member to assist with daily lab activities as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of personal and common lab work areas and equipment.
- Complete time report on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the company’s reputation of going above and beyond is realize for each customer.
- Entry level, high school or equivalent.
- Ability to lift packages, manually build boxes and collect materials in lab and plant environment (climb step stool… ect)
- Clear written and communication skills.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment and self-driven on personal projects.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, capable of clear record keeping.
- Passion for great food and delivering a quality customer experience.
- Competent computer skills (word, excel)
- Asset: Knowledge of FedEx Shipping methods and requirement (US and CND)
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Shipping (local, long distance in Canada and US): 1 year (preferred)