If you are keen to join the auto upholstery business and are passionate about what you do we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who has experience with Phaff, Consew or Juki sewing machines and can take seats apart, build new patterns and sew new materials together.
We are a family-run business looking for an upholsterer to be part of our team. For over 53 years, Chinook Auto Upholstery has served as an industry leader in Calgary. We are well-established with a core group of employees who have been on our team their entire careers. We are centrally located in Calgary, walking distance to the LRT.
We want to hear from you, if you:
- Are high energy, enthusiastic and love working with people
- Are a self-starter and an assertive ‘action’ taker
- Are able to help create and follow systems
- Are organized and can handle, and even enjoy, an ever-changing schedule of priorities
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Have an intense personal work ethic
- Value being trusted to take on responsibility
- Enjoy helping your team be successful
- Are a clear communicator
- Know what customer service means
- Are cheerful, upbeat and positive with an optimistic, can-do, supportive attitude
- Have a valid drivers license
You’ll want to meet us, if you are looking for:
- A company that offers stability and long-term career opportunities
- A company who values their employees
- A job role that is steady in processes and dynamic in its environment
- A position that holds an opportunity for growth
- A company that stakes its reputation on the quality of its work
- A variety of work and the ability to learn and grow
- A career where you are appreciated by both your work colleagues AND clients
- A team that prides itself on being friendly, professional and respectful
- A position that you look forward to every day
Here’s what you will be doing as our newest recruit
- Read and understand work orders
- Use upholstery tools such as stapler, scissors, tack hammer, staple remover, etc. to upholster furniture from start to finish (both new and recover)
- Cutting, sewing and pattern matching would be an asset but not a necessity
- Lifting 50+ lbs
- Have fun and getting LOTS done every day!
This is a full-time, salaried position - 5 days a week – Monday to Friday. Office hours are 8:00 am – 5:00