Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and then operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Your role as an Intermediate Electrical Engineer in Power Systems will be to take part in engineering proposals and projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of professional services provided and maintaining good working relationships (internally with colleagues and externally with clients).
In such a position, we expect the candidate to have developed a good understanding of electrical design principles, codes and standards, as well as protection and control of systems and apparatus through various application within the industry (energy, industrial, mining sector, etc.). The ideal candidate will have also been exposed to field work, including testing and commissioning of electrical systems and equipment.
The successful candidate will carry out the following activities:
Work Schedule :
- Manage projects (project team, cost and scheduling) as a Project Manager for projects such as outdoor and indoor substations, protection and control upgrades and renewable projects, for various clients (contractors, utilities, IPP, industrial, etc.).
- Prepare proposals
- Participate in the preparation of electrical studies: system impact assessment, grounding grid, protection and coordination, arc flash, harmonic, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of Feasibility studies
- Prepare detailed engineering designs and technical specifications for construction work (greenfield and brownfield projects)
- Provide mentorship, through coaching and training, to junior engineers and technicians
- Meet clients and support scoping their CAPEX projects by advising on potential solutions
- Support clients in troubleshooting a trip event, equipment failure, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Committed to the firm's success
- Business acumen
- Ability to make quality decisions
- Independent worker
- Field experience
- From 5 to 7 years of professional experience, especially in power system (Protection and Control, Apparatus)
- Good working knowledge of substation design, low, medium and high voltage equipment specification (e.g. transformers, motors, drives, switchgears), system studies, P&C, and electrical arrangements
- Electrical Engineer Degree and PEO certification
- Field experience through on-site surveys, construction support, commissioning activities
- Good Project Managements skills
- Knowledge of electrical design standards (CSA, IEEE, ANSI/IEC) and Ontario standards and codes (OESC, Market Rules, TSC/DSC)
- Capable of determining the cost of engineering services
- Experience in electrical studies (grounding, protection, load flow, harmonics, arc flash)
- Ability to establish sound working relationships with co-workers, partners, clients and administrators
- Asset: Working knowledge of electrical transient analysis (switching, TRV, etc.)
- Asset: Working knowledge of Siemens PSSE software for load flow and dynamic simulations of hydro power, wind power and transmission systems
- Asset: Broad experience in various industry sectors (mining, industrial facilities, utilities, power generation)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.