1959, 152 Street
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
Under the direction of the Branch Operations Manager, this role is responsible for supporting the branch and Investment Advisor (IA) teams in achieving the business objectives of profitability, market share and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Support the IAs sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to the IAs clients which includes, but is not limited to, review of reports, follow-up on client inquiries and requests to ensure appropriate account maintenance; accept and process unsolicited orders over the phone or in person
- Contribute to the IAs business objectives by ensuring the book of business is being developed including client meetings Ensure client needs are met or exceeded
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organizations brand, corporate identity and standards
- Liaise with various departments for execution of client requests and problem solving and other branch duties as assigned
- Coordinating marketing activities on behalf of several IAs
Risk Management and Controls
- Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of investment process and procedures. Proactively and professionally provides assistance to IA(s) in order to meet client needs and IA(s) expectations
- Strong knowledge of administrative process and procedures as contained in Sales Administration Manual Knowledge of proprietary products and services, and fund company offerings Working with head office and branch operations and administration areas as required
- Knowledge of compliance rules (proprietary and industry)Understand and read ADP and RIS reports to provide interpretation to IA(s) or use as required
- Knowledge of trade processing rules
- Fixed income and money market product knowledge
- Knowledge of Navi Plan Financial Planning
- Knowledge of fund companies and funds offered in order to identify appropriate funds based on client needs
- Highly functional with use of: RIS, SAM, Thompson One, Salesforce.com, Intranet, Internet, E-mail
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Computer literacy
- CSC and CPH
- Current registration as an Investment Representative (IR)
- Minimum 1.5 - 3 years of experience
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose:
Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.