(Shift is 4 days, 10 hours per day - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 6am - 4pm)
Transcare Logistics Corporation (Agincourt) is looking for a Transload / Railyard Customer Service Coordinator to join our team!
Transcare Logistics is the largest and the fastest steel transload (rail to truck) facility in Canada. Canada's first automated distribution hub ensures unparalleled speed of service for coil, pipe or plate.
The Transload / Railyard Coordinator is responsible for customer service, receiving and shipping customer material, inventory, truck flow and other related duties.
- Inspection and verification of railcars arriving and departing
- Drawing product samples from railcars
- Applying/removing track protection
- Performing site orientations
- Operating weight scale equipment
- Inventory control and documentation as well as ground maintenance
- Understand inventory layouts and customer information requirements
- Handle all customer service issues including, but not limited to ; providing proofs of delivery, booking carriers for rush loads, follow up on deliveries, explaining inventory discrepancies, material tracking, etc.
- Monitor progress of all customer requests and provide customers with ongoing status of their requests
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current inventory records
- Enter shipping and receiving information into IMS
- Create releases and redirect material as per customer instructions
- Schedule the incoming train, create bills, book loads, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling truck traffic through warehouse
- Schedule and book carrier loads for all incoming/outgoing train traffic
- Monitor and adjust the plan as required (i.e., reschedule loads, add rush loads, etc.)
- Communicate with dispatchers and carriers daily regarding appointment times, rush and missed loads, cancellations, etc.
- Work in a safety-critical environment
- Valid drivers license
- Knowledgeable with computers
- Successfully clear a police clearance background check
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb ladders or staircases
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills and customer focused
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to identify and resolve conflicts
- Analytical, results-orientated, excellent time management skills
- Operate in outdoor/indoor environment
- Working around heavy equipment and noise environment
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Transcare is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA').
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 6am - 4pm - this is the shift?
- Driving Licence (required)