McElhanney Ltd. is seeking to expand our well-established base of land surveying and geomatics services in the lower mainland and is seeking a Land Surveyor to work within our Surrey, BC office. The successful candidate will manage surveys for land development, municipal infrastructure engineering projects, as well as environmental engineering and construction layout projects. Within this role you will manage medium to large scale topographic surveys, subdivision surveys and construction, while working closely with a multidisciplinary team.
The selected individual will have a working knowledge of modern survey technology and experience combining traditional survey techniques data with aerial lidar, drone mapping data and terrestrial laser scan data.
- Working in a team setting to establish project scope, budget and schedule, and other project or client expectations
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
- Managing project budgets and financial reporting
- Managing various survey project types including legal, land development (subdivisions) and infrastructure, topographic, engineering and construction layout
- Liaising with both internal and external Project Managers and clients
- Managing information flow from field to final deliverables and supervising the preparation of deliverables
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with LSTs’ and technical staff’s professional development
- Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for proposals, field returns, drawings, legal plans, documents, and other deliverables
- Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
- Other duties as required.
- Commissioned BC Land Surveyor
- Diploma or degree in Geomatics and at least 5 years’ progressive experience overall
- Proficiency in computer applications (MSCAD and GNSS processing software at minimum)
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license
- Periods of travel may be required for the role.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney’s Surrey Survey group is a multi-disciplinary professional office currently involved in many high profile projects. We enjoy a high level of job satisfaction due to solid team effort and a positive corporate culture. Located on the 23rd floor of Central City Tower, our modern office space is near SkyTrain and readily accessible via public transit.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.