The Materials Supervisor (Customer Service) is responsible for the customer requirements relative to the releasing, shipping and invoicing activities and product obsolescence and Trade Compliance. In the performance of these duties, the Customer Service/Materials Supervisor will maintain excellent rapport with all customers with the goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
Supervise Customer Service Representatives & BOM Coordinator to ensure departmental/corporate expectations are met including 100% Customer Delivery performance
- Manage Customer Specific Requirements and the custom dispute process
- Supervise and ensure PIP/CTPAT and Customs Assessment Audits are executed
- Manage zero obsolescence through effective engineering change management
- Oversee department attendance, vacation scheduling, and overtime, including weekend and statutory holiday coverage
- Lead department communications (team meetings) and maintain department housekeeping
- Communicate and manage team objectives for Customer Service Reps
- Provide leadership and training for all direct reports in the day-to-day responsibilities of their job descriptions;
- Support system implementation and budgetary controls;
- Maximize the utilization of resources and equipment;
- Coordinate special order shipments for production and service;
- Support Trade and Compliance including Export customs, answering of customs inquiries and completion of export documentation including blanket Trade Agreement documents and Certificates of Origin;
- Responsible for collecting Business Center/QOS data related to the overall measurables of the unit; bench marking and analyzing these trends and establishing related action plans including A3 format
- Co-ordinate additional billings (pricing adjustments, setup charges) and processing of production obsolescence claims;
- Ensure quality, safety and environmental standards are identified, communicated and enforced within the department.
- Initiate, where required, employee performance management including a minimum of one yearly performance evaluation for each direct report.
- Maintain communication and utilize the expertise of other departments as required.
- Ensure the efficient execution of responsibilities as outlined in the job descriptions for each direct report
- Provide support for continuous improvement initiatives within Dortec
- Carry out all duties focusing on the goal of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ensure confidentiality of all company personnel data
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions, ensuring all health and safety policies are followed
- Conduct planned workplace inspections, as scheduled by the Environmental, Health and Safety Department.
- Ensure visibility and accessibility to employees, by practicing Management By Walking Around (MBWA)
- Overtime and travel may be required to support achievement of objectives
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designate.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Follows and implements the duties include those specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Sec. 25 –duties of the employer, Sec. 26 –additional duties of the employer, Sec 27- duties of a supervisor, Sec. 28 – duties of a worker
- Seeks out and corrects unsafe acts and hazardous conditions, ensuring all safety and non-safety plant rules and regulations are followed.
- Follow WI - 0644 Internal External communications plan for role specific authorities and responsibilities under the environmental management system
- Ensures adherence to established quality, safety and housekeeping standards.
- Ensure workers are aware of risks, hazards and significant aspects and impacts related to their job before beginning work
- Take the lead in incident investigations for workers under your supervision, investigating incidents & nonconformities and determining corrective actions
- Reviews and adheres to all health and safety, environmental, and quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Responds immediately to items brought to his/her attention with respect to hazards, defects, incidents or non-compliance issues.
- Understands and upholds the principals of Bill 168 which prohibit domestic violence, workplace violence, and workplace harassment
- Attends Environmental, Health and Safety training and promotes continual improvement
- Follow and promote the EEHS Policy and management system procedures
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post-secondary diploma in a business related field is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- A minimum of three years in a Customer Service related field is required
- 2 years Supervisory experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable in a manufacturing and technical setting
- Strong skills in Microsoft office including Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Knowledgeable in Customer Rating Dispute Process
- Experience with OEM customer delivery requirements
- Materials Management Operations Guideline (MMOG) Knowledge Required
Coordinates Work of Others
Attends to Details
Focuses on Continuous Improvement
Interpersonal & Customer Service