Who are you, Fully Managed®?
We’re a fast-paced IT solutions and services company that has a “Get ’er done” attitude which links our passion for achieving our core purpose of #CreatingPeaceOfMind for everyone. We eat, sleep, and breathe our core five values of:
- Fanatical Service
- Absolute Accountability
- Inspiring our People
- Passion for Innovation
- Monomaniacal about Process
We are a team, a family, and a group of world class collaborators that have each other’s backs. We also have A LOT of fun together.
Tell me more about this opportunity!
You're a rising superstar. You want to learn as much as you can. You ask thoughtful questions every chance you get. You want guidance to grow professionally. You want to PROVE yourself. Were you nodding vigorously to those statements? If yes, keep reading!
This opportunity, NOT job (here at Fully Managed we believe in careers and growth and not just ordinary, mundane employment), will feed the hunger that you have bubbling inside of you. We'll give you the freedom to tackle the IT things you do know and help you build your knowledge for the IT things that you don't know. As we ALWAYS say, we can teach technology, but you need to meet us with your determination.
Key areas of responsibility
This is a Tier 3 role in our Client Support department and the role consists of providing senior level technical escalations, client audits and working root cause tickets. The technical tasks will be primarily high risk, high impact and or highly complex tasks and will require a technician with a great depth and breadth of technical knowledge and experience.
- Handling ticket escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support Technicians, through to resolution
- Completing root cause tickets to find permanent and effective solutions, while recommending infrastructure improvements
- Communicating ticket status and updates directly to clients
- Proactively training and mentoring Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff on solutions to escalated tickets to mentor the teams and reduce escalations over time
- Following standardized operating procedures and internal policies as much as possible and creating new procedures when required
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery Manager to create, deploy and refine efficient workflows and internal Client Support processes
- Work with a range of line-of-business Windows applications and operating systems in networked environments, both hands-on and remotely
- Handling sensitive information including PCI standards and ensure compliance with other Cybersecurity Frameworks
- A willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet client deadlines
- Tracking time and submitting time sheets for work completed
- Systemic audits of customer environments to ensure best practices have been deployed
- Local onsite visits if required
- Project to production auditing and Q&A
- Ensure technical skills and knowledge stay current with industry standards and best practice
- Collaboration with all FM teams to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Manager
Skill and knowledge requirements
We’re flexible but these are a must:
- 5 years of experience troubleshooting Windows desktops and servers
- 5 years of experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting firewalls, routers, switches and wireless networks (Cisco-Meraki experience is preferred)
- Administration and Troubleshooting of Windows Server platforms 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Administration and Troubleshooting of Vmware VSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms
- Administration and Troubleshooting of Cloud Hosted services – Azure, AWS, Office365
- Working knowledge of server hardware including RAID, clustering and out of band management
- Adept in DHCP, DNS, VLANs, VPNs, and other network fundamentals
- Familiarity remediating technical issues with various vendors such as ISPs, software/hardware manufacturers, etc.
- RMM script building and pushing to automate software tasks with Powershell, batch, VB etc.
- Experience with backup solutions, Datto/Veeam experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate adherence to formal change management and regression planning strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results and set priorities independently
- Take an active part in planning computing solutions and holistic auditing for clients to alleviate repeated ‘fixes’
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role and priority will be given to local applicants. We thank everyone for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
No recruiters and no phone calls please!
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 5 years (Preferred)