Position Title: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – M2 (Heavy Maintenance)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reports To: Shift Supervisor, Heavy Maintenance
Posting: Internal & External
Competition Number: 03-MT2019
General: The AME positions will carry out duties for the establishment and operation of the Canadian North Approved Maintenance Organization.
- Demonstrate knowledge of employee responsibilities regarding safety and actively participate in the company’s Safety Management Systems program
- Maintain customer aircraft by completing tasks as assigned by supervisor, which may include towing, engine run and taxi.
- Perform tasks and duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor, Heavy Maintenance.
- Assume responsibility for the accurate completion of required paperwork with respect to the aircraft at the time of exercising the signing authority in accordance with the issuance of the ACA.
- Report any unserviceable/unsafe conditions and equipment to Shift Supervisor, Heavy Maintenance.
- Compile and assist reporting SDR findings.
- Responsible for care of company tools, publications, equipment and materials. Ensure if a calibrated tool is used, it is within the calibration date on the tool. Report any tool that does not have a valid calibration date.
- Responsible to ensure positive tool control is maintained at all times.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Exercise the privileges of their Company issued ACA.
- Provide “on the job” direction to the technicians and learners, and verify their work for compliance within the approved policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive and effective communication with customer representatives.
- Travel may be required for training and for AOG situations.
- Must be able to work various shift rotations including day and night shifts as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License with M2 license required with preference given to B737/Dash 8 endorsed persons.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain Driving Airside License (D/A)
- Must be eligible and able to obtain a Restricted Area Pass (R.A.I.C)
- Must have experience in the handling of WHMIS controlled substances
- Must be able to lift objects on a continual basis
- Computer and data entry skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with no stipulations
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent