Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
A versatile position for a Project Coordinator within a dynamic, hardworking, environment at the Kitimat LNGC site. Reporting directly to the Project Information Manager and Site IT Manager, this position is part of an infield team ensuring that the support and delivery of large data initiatives is provided in a timely, relevant, and effective manner. This position provides support and coordination for project automation and data-centric initiatives on the project site and is heavily engaged with personnel both in the office and out in the field.
The Project Coordinator role is to plan, coordinate, and support large scale data initiatives on site, as well as provide administrative direction and training for users on systems developed for onboarding, orientation, badging, security, training management, and inventory/equipment management. The Project Coordinator enforces and implements system policies, procedures, and best practices within designated systems across the site. Primarily a business role, this role works closely with a team of professionals, utilizing excellent operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning data initiatives, and organizing and training system users.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
To be Considered Candidates:
- Engages and motivates employees on new systems and procedures as part of an effective automation team
- Directly supports the Project Automation Manager and system developers on data centric initiatives
- Benchmark, analyze, report, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of database solutions to support personnel onboarding, orientation, badging, security, training management, and inventory/equipment management
- Work closely with stakeholders to assist, support, and train on new automated systems and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in procedures when necessary
- Educate customers on automation standards and procedures and gain customer understanding of those procedures
- Actively participate in and encourage process improvements
- Leverage internal and external resources to administer policies and procedures consistently across all business lines, functions, and locations
- Organize and prioritize a variety of complex automation initiatives and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
- Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or equivalent in applicable field of study and five (5) years of work-related experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively work with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Job related technical knowledge to complete the job
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic project site environment and apply new skills to automated practices and procedures being implemented
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Accredited degree or global equivalent in IS Management, Business Management, or related business discipline
- Experience with training, customer support, and working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated strong communication in both oral and written
- Demonstrated strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Proficient in training, supporting, and other customer focus techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-layered environment