Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct operations in a 225 seats fine dining restaurant.
- Consistently offer 5 star, professional, engaging and friendly service to new and returning guests.
- Recruitment, mentorship and development of over 45 colleagues.
- Build and promote positive relationships with all our teams to ensure we are working toward an amazing guest experience.
- Lead and participate in meetings with the General Manager, Executive Chef and Sous-Chef.
- Assume responsibility for all areas of the establishment, including cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies required.
- Schedule and guide departmental weekly and monthly meetings.
- Oversee and lead one on ones and performance management discussions.
- Implement company policies and procedures and ensure process efficiencies.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality at all times on all matters pertaining to management, staff and any associated food and beverage matters.
- Strategize to exceed guest satisfaction results, thrive to grow our colleague engagement and surpass our financial goals during day to day tasks.
- Actively identifies best practices inside and outside the industry.
- Understand and act on government regulations and safety standards.
- Create customer loyalty by connecting with guests on a daily basis and following up on guest complaints in person or via social media. Share guest’s feedback with the team.
- Maximize seating possibilities with constant Open Table monitoring.
- Create and implement local marketing plans.
- Source and manage our wine offerings.
- Conduct daily shift briefings.
- Perform daily reviews of staffing level, quality control, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ability to ensure security of all areas, products and establishment.
- Perform other duties as directed by the General Manager or Sportscene Group.
- Previous experience in a 5 star/ 5 diamond fine dining establishment.
- Post secondary degree in Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management an asset.
- Bilingual: fluent in French and English.
- Sommelier designation an asset.
- 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage Leadership, minimum 3 years in a management setting.
- Leadership experience in an unionized restaurant an asset.
- Proven successful financial and customer service results under their management.
- Proven track record of implementing new initiatives, establishing SOP’s, managing multiple leaders and teams required.
- Previous serving experience in different types of restaurants and/or bars an asset.
- Product knowledge, including a thorough working knowledge of wines, liquors and other beverages.
- Working knowledge of Maître D, Open Table, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communicational and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Must be highly organized, goal and results driven.
- Ability to multitask, maintain focus and calm when presented with stressful situations.
- Must have strong, proven leadership qualities and management skills including effective staff scheduling, productivity management, eye for cleanliness.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Posses the ability to motivate long term leaders and colleagues.
- Must showcase respect, integrity and teamwork at all times.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking up to 10 km per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, and push up to 200 lbs on a daily basis.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting on a daily basis.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- restauration management: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)