Description of Organization
Community Living Mississauga provides a number of different supports for people who have an intellectual disability, including residential, respite, employment resources, community engagement, supported independent living and day programs.
Description of Position
Working under the guidance of a Manager/Supervisor, this position is responsible for the individualized support of individuals as directed in their personal support plan.
Description of Duties
- Work with local employers, non-profit organizations and community partners to promote the Employment Resource Centre (ERC) programs, identify workforce needs and coordinate with the ERC team to address those needs.
- Match individuals with employment and volunteer opportunities within the community.
- Provide on the job supports tailored to the individual’s strengths, support requirements and work placement.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with local employers, non-profit organizations and community partners.
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for the individuals supported.
- Provide direct and indirect support to individuals as required by personal support plans.
- Support individuals to identify, work towards and achieve their goals/personal outcomes in relation to employment/volunteering.
- Encourage self-expression of individuals supported and remains knowledgeable of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families.
- Complete all required electronic documentation accurately and within set time frames.
- Apply techniques and understand concepts related to non-violent crisis intervention (CPI).
- Developmental Services Worker diploma
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2), access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- A minimum 1 year experience working with people who have an intellectual disability
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Valid First Aid with CPR certificate
- Social Services Worker diploma, Child and Youth Care diploma, or a University degree in a related or unrelated discipline.
- A minimum 1 year experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
We provide competitive compensation, robust training programs and opportunities for career development.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.