This role includes coordinating with various teams in the organization, complete involvement in complex technical architecture and solution design, as well as hands on technical work during testing and implementation. This is not an internal IT operations role, does not involve any direct user support, and does not have any on-call requirement. You will be part of a team of professional ranging in multiple technology practices (Cloud, Security, Network, etc.) in delivering new solutions related to Cloud and Virtual Infrastructure to meet our wide base of client IT needs as well as participating in the evolution and development of CGI virtual private hosting and related XaaS solutions. As such, you will be able to work in many different technological context and being able to hone your skills on many different aspects of the IT solution.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible to:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Lead complex technical projects to develop, integrate and deploy IT solutions such as: compute/storage/network virtualization infrastructure (Software Defined Data Center/Software Defined Networking), operating system upgrades and migrations
- Perform project management like duties including interacting with clients and stakeholders
- Gather business requirements, assess technical constraints and translate them into technical design and solutions;
- Lead and participate in the efforts to architect, design, integrate, configure, test and implement IT solutions, drawing on subject matter experts and other resources as needed;
- Follow the team's systems development life-cycle (SDLC) methodology and deliver technical projects while adhering to project plans;
- Create documentation based on a current library of templates for every phase of a project including: conceptual requirements, installation technical guidance packages, bill of materials, detailed network/system designs, build and implementation documents, and operational documents.
- Introduced application modernization program to replace legacy applications towards cloud offerings.
- Defined new ways of working with Cloud DevOps projects and developing the team capabilities.
- Showcased supply smart contacts using Blockchain platform, and helpdesk automation using NLP solutions showcasing innovative initiatives and benefits that IT solutions can bring to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in virtual IT infrastructure, with experience in Architecture work in a wide range of infrastructure; cloud technologies and enterprise-grade deployments.
- Expert in cloud migration; VoiceMail; Web Services; Ethernet switching, IP routing and Network Architecture
- Excellent written and presentation skills in English.
- Infrastructure architecture experience on Cisco UCS/ Network ACI, Hyper converge ecosystems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – The ability to communicate the technology context and related decisions to varied audiences as required.
- Strong analytical skills – The ability to visualize, analyze, articulate and solve complex problems.
- Strong ability to influence and orient a technical audience and stakeholders toward a common, broadly supported technology solution architecture.
- Have the ability of overseeing an organisation's entire cloud environment, making design decisions and planning how new hardware and software will fit in with both the cloud strategy and environment.
- Able to work across varying cloud environments including public clouds, private clouds and hybrid cloud structures, with the ability to also monitor the deployment of applications in the cloud.
What you can expect from us:
- Knowledge in NFV-SDN
- Certifications on public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.