The primary responsibilities are outlined below. These should be viewed as a baseline, as the position will continue to evolve and grow to meet the ever-changing requirements/needs of the department.
- Developing requirements and establishing traceability to the business vision.
- Writing and reviewing requirements in the form of Use Cases, UML, and other relevant structured requirements documentation.
- Building the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Playing a critical role in communications by interacting with Contact Center Operations Supervisors, Product Owners, Developers, and QA Engineers.
- Management, configuration, and monitoring of Contact Center applications.
- Create ad-hoc reports for Contact Center Supervisors and other departments.
- Administration of small databases.
- Ensuring that change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements.
- A post-secondary degree, in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience writing business requirement documents, specification documents, user stories and use cases and following product releases through to completion.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints.
- WFM experience in developing and delivering analysis in support of new solutions and managing an end to end WFM tool would be a definite asset
- Expertise in intra-day and longer-term shift schedule planning and site coverage would be an asset
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to relate data and analytics with business concepts.
- Must have knowledge and interest in current web technology trends.
- Experience in interacting with Financial and Operational departments is preferred.
- Proficient in Confluence, Jira and Microsoft Visio is an asset.
- Experience in a Contact Center is a definite asset.
- Software Development Experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset.
The Business Analyst role is based in Vancouver and part of the Customer Solutions department working on the Operational Intelligence (OI) team. The OI team supports our 24*7/365 omni channel Contact Center who provide support in 6 languages from our two locations in Vancouver. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of technical knowledge and sound business acumen coupled with a solid background in workforce management. They use or have WFM experience in developing and delivering analysis in support of new solutions and managing an end to end WFM tool. This is a highly visible role, interacting across all levels throughout Hyperwallet’s organization. Your primary focus will be supporting the Contact Center. To succeed in your role, you will need to be an analytical thinker with experience in using various data gathering and analysis tools and techniques. You’ll have a strong background in WFM and be proactive and inquisitive. Attention to detail, the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and a knack for generating practical, actionable insights are a must.
Who we are:
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.