The Land and Resources I&IT Cluster (LRC) is one of eight clusters in the OPS formed to provide groups of ministry partners with all their information technology needs. LRC partners with the Ministries of: Indigenous Affairs; Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs; Environment, Conservation and Parks; Natural Resources and Forestry; and Energy, Northern Development and Mines.
LRC works with program areas in each of the ministries to understand their business needs and develop technology solutions that enable business transformation and digital public service goals and objectives. Technology solutions range from new business applications to office productivity tools, from information management expertise to telecommunications support.
The LRC works closely with other clusters and the Office of the Corporate Chief Information Officer (OCCIO) within the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services to enable shared technology solutions (development tools) and common infrastructure for the benefit of all ministries.
About the Branch
The Business Solutions Branch (BSB) collaborates with cluster partner ministries to co-design, deliver and support digital solutions. Providing leadership in emerging technologies and innovative delivery techniques to enable modern government services.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service?
We are re-thinking how we deliver services through various initiatives, modernization initiatives and how we access and deliver critical services remotely. We are striving to enable a future-ready OPS workforce through a technology focused enterprise-wide strategies.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, and recognize team and individual achievements, and support flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit the Ontario Public Service Employee Union website (http://www.opseu.org)for a copy of the current collective agreements.
Want more Information?
VisitThe Ministry of Natural Resources and Forest website for additional information about our ministry.
The current location for this position is at 40 St. Clair Avenue West, Toronto. However, alternative work arrangements and locations will be considered at the following locations:
- 70 Foster Drive, Sault Ste. Marie
- 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph
- 300 Water St, Peterborough
- 159 Cedar St, Sudbury
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior Solutions Designer (Advanced Analytics), you will:
- partner with client ministries and other stakeholders to design, develop and implement Advanced Analytics (Business Intelligence / Business Analytics) solutions
- define current Advanced Analytics activities for existing and future data requirements; develop reporting procedures, specifications, diagrams and prototype models
- analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing Advanced Analytics capabilities and develop strategies for enhancing and further leveraging opportunity areas
- ensure solutions meet the business needs of internal and external stakeholders and adhere to Cluster and enterprise policies and standards
How do I qualify?
Technical leadership and project management skills:
- You possess extensive knowledge of multi-tiered Advanced Analytics tools (Cognos, PowerBI, PowerDesigner) and related emerging technologies.
- You possess extensive knowledge in planning and coordination of all technical activities related to optimization techniques and implementation activities of Advanced Analytics solutions.
- You possess knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) design artifacts, Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, and agile design and development processes.
- You possess knowledge and skills in planning, designing, developing and implementing large-scale Advanced Analytics solutions.
- You can analyze effectiveness and efficiency of existing Advanced Analytics procedures and develop strategies for enhancing and further leveraging opportunity areas.
- You have knowledge and skills in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and N tier solution environments.
Analytical and problem solving skills:
- You have technical leadership and project management skills to lead complex IT projects, develop and assess cost estimates, direct teams of project staff and external consultants and ensure project deliverables are met within specific parameters.
Communication and consultation skills:
- You have conceptual, analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to develop technical design features and alternatives and ensure the effective operation of hardware and software platforms, IT security and quality control systems.
Other Employment Opportunities:
- You have communication and consultation skills to work with project staff and external stakeholders, explain technical solutions to IT and non-technical internal and external stakeholders and prepare reports.
The Land and Resources I+IT Cluster is excited to offer a number of new opportunities supporting the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
Check out the additional employment opportunities available within the new branch by clicking on a link below:
- Senior Solutions Designer (Cloud/DevOps)
- Senior Development & Maintenance Analyst
1 Temporary, duration up to 8 months, 40 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, Toronto Region or 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region or 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region or 70 Foster Dr, Sault Ste Marie, North Region or 159 Cedar St, Sudbury, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Thursday, June 25, 2020
In compliance with the recently amended OPSEU collective agreement provision, the salary range for this classification is $1,654.05 to $2,066.34 per week. This salary range reflects the across-the-board wage increases up to and including July 1st, 2020 specific to this position. Your salary will be $1,654.05 per week.
The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.